Sunday 3 January 2010

EXCLUSIVE--Sweetlus Interview!



I’m back, this time with an amazing designer, and good friend of mine, Sweetlus. Her name is Sabina, she creates the most popular Michael Jackson designs on Stardoll, and she is Balmain-sessed! She’s a talented, gracious, beautiful and generous girl, who is willing to ‘give her life for Michael Jackson’, and here is the interview with the shining star!

Hey Sabina! How did you first find out about Stardoll?
S: Hello! Well, it was very long time ago. I think two and a half years or something. I was on a website where Stardoll was advertised. I visited this site and I really liked it. I started to dress up dolls and I had a really fun time. Soon I realised I wanted to join and I did, and it was a very good thing to do!

How long have you been obsessed with Michael Jackson?
S: Haha! Well, I loved him when I was a little kid. I used to watch his music videos and I really liked him. His videos were my favourite movies! I have always liked him and his music but this year, I think, in January I started to realise how much I loved him. I played his music over and over again. I started to know more songs of him. So, lets say since I was about one year old!

When did you decide to put your two loves (Stardoll+Michael Jackson=fabulous designs) together?
S: Well, I made MJ designs before he was gone. But there wasn’t a doll of him when he was alive, and no posters and no T-shirts. So I decided that I would make my own MJ stuff! People wanted my designs, and so on…

How did you become so big? I mean, you’re visited once every half hour at the very least!
S: Oh, haha! I think when I started with the designs. I think I designed MJ designs before Michael was gone. I made a picture of his eyes and two t-shirts. And when he was gone people wanted me to make t-shirts and so on. People bought from me, and I was placed on the designer list. I have been second place and my designs have been "most popular designs". But I have also been in the CG list 3 times. But I don’t know. I think it’s because of the designs. But if you ask me, I don’t feel so famous! Some people are saying: "OMG, you are really famous on Stardoll!" But I have no idea how many people on Stardoll know who I am and know about my work.

What tips would you give to any aspiring designers? Could you share any of your secrets to creating such amazing and realistic designs?
S: Hmm, that’s a hard question to answer. I think people have always told me what an artist I am. I have been creative my whole life—I have always loved to draw and so on. Of course I think you can learn to design amazing designs. But I think some people have it as a gift to be creative. But I have seen so many different designers on Stardoll and they are all so amazing. But if you practise you will learn. I was very bad at the beginning, but I learned how it works and now it’s simple.

In your latest starblog entry, there is what seems to be a drawing of Michael Jackson. Did you draw this yourself?
S: Yes I did! I have, like, 10 drawings of him! He is my biggest project! Haha! I make graphics of him too…

Does it annoy you that after Michael was gone, everyone loved him, even if they didn't before?
S: Yes it does. It’s not respectful to say that they hated him when he was alive, but now he is dead, those same people are ‘fans’. I don’t think I can explain my thoughts but, as you said, it annoys me.

What do you think of the Migliukee scandal, and the girls that are seemingly following in her footsteps through the latest Stardoll competition?
S: To be honest, I don’t know much about it. I know the designs disappeared from the starplaza. But I’m sorry if I can’t answer that question correctly because I honestly don’t know much about it. But I liked the clothes, and I never had a chance to buy them.

Complete this sentence: when I’m older, I want to be…
S: An artist or a designer! I think I’m going to work with drawings, paintings and photoshop, and I love to design clothes. When I see all those amazing designers like Donna Karan, Coco Chanel and so on I feel like I want to be just like them. They have their own styles. I want my own creations to be seen on people, just like on Stardoll. I feel so happy every time I see a person wearing one of my t-shirts.

Thanks so much for the interview. Finally, is there anything you wouldn’t do for Michael Jackson?
S: Lets say this: I would do anything Michael wanted me to do!

There we have it. Do I always say that? Please tell me off if I do. Make sure to check out Sweetlus’s suite, and perhaps buy one of her amazing and inspirational designs.
Next, I’ll be bringing you an interview with a kind-hearted member, with a dark outer shell. And straight after that, an interview with a few of the Decade Of The Teens design contest winners.

Stay fabulous, Sweetlus lovers.

xoxo

collectorcentre

No comments:

Post a Comment